How to Check for Free Disk Space on Ubuntu Linux
Checking for free disk space in Ubuntu is quite easy. Simply follow the instructions below:
- From the Ubuntu Desktop, the easiest way to check for free disk space is to use the ‘Disk Usage Analyzer’ tool.
- Press the Ubuntu Button and search for disk. Click on the Disk Usage Analyzer to launch the tool and see usage statistics for each of your disks.
- For detailed disk usage information, click on one of the disks and the tool will scan your disk and show a graph of usage by directory.
- To check disk usage from the command line, open a terminal by clicking on the Ubuntu Button and then searching for Terminal
- In the Terminal, type ‘df -h’ and press enter. This will print out disk usage information for all of your local disks.